Auto technicians who are ASE certified are a better choice when you consider who should repair your car, due to their confirmed level of expertise. Established in the 1970s, the nonprofit National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence educates, provides testing and certifies technicians to assure their proficiency. These tests cover more than 40 areas within the field of automotive repair.
ASE certification exams are not open to the public; in order to apply, technicians must provide proof that they have a minimum of two years’ work experience within their particular field. It’s this practical component of automotive servicing that allows technicians to qualify for the application process and future exams.
Certifications within specified fields include but aren’t limited to:
- Car and light truck repair
- Repair estimating
- Alternative fuel systems
- School bus repair
- Medium-heavy truck repair
- Auto and truck parts
Additional courses include the EPA required:
- Refrigerant recovery and recycling
Within these fields, the organization also offers multiple specified exams. As part of preparation to join the world of ASE certified technicians, students can take a course at local training companies or practice with the test exams.
Why Trust Only Pros?
- Experience: A love for cars and engines is admirable, but that doesn’t mean technicians can repair them. ASE-certified technicians not only have the expertise and experience, but they have the academic know-how as well.
- Safety: Certified repair technicians will take necessary safety precautions not always known to novices.
- Materials: ASE-certified technicians have the tools and materials needed for the job. A jack-of-all trades mechanic might claim to be able to complete a wider variety of repairs, but he won’t have the depth of knowledge for specialized repairs.
- Advancements and Innovations: Engines and electronic systems are ever-evolving – technicians must keep up with all the changes to avoid damage to your vehicle and repair it correctly.
- Equipment: Many times the problem cannot be detected by the naked eye, or even basic analysis. In this case, computer diagnostics equipment is needed, and certified technicians know how to use these systems to determine exactly what is wrong with your vehicle.
Certified technicians will give you the peace of mind you need when you are having automotive problems. Instead of just making a promise to a customer, the ASE-certified technicians follow a code of ethics to ensure automotive service excellence. Trust ASE-certified mechanics to take care of your car’s every need.